Macintosh: Setting Up Bluetooth Internet Connection from Jaguar

It was beyond my expectation that setting up Bluetooth internet connection from Mac OS seems more simple & easier than any others OS in this world. Since I found this way couple weeks ago, I always waking up my Jaguar from my bed room & get internet connection using Bluetooth cellphone modem to grabbing articles related to my college task necessity. All you need is only a mobile phone and a computer (laptop or PC is OK), both devices must be Bluetooth enabled already. For this test, I using Nokia N95 8GB & my 12” TravelMate.

First of all, open Bluetooth Setup Assistant (upper right taskbar icon from Mac) to pairing the mobile phone. Make sure that Bluetooth on both devices must be enabled before you do this. Click Continue from this window.



Next, select a proper device type & choose Mobile phone option.



After clicking Continue, the computer will searching for mobile phone. Select it in the search result list once the process finished. Next, press Continue.



The wizard will automatically create a passkey random numbers. Next, enter the same number to your mobile phone. Once you have entered it on your mobile phone, the pairing process will be completed.



Make sure that you select second option & let the Jaguar decide it’s default choice or you may want to change regarding to your needs.



On next display, enter the GPRS CID string related to your regional GSM default dial number (*99#) & empty the username & password column since it will be processed automatically.



The Bluetooth Setup Assistant has finished. Next, open Network Setup Assistant to begin the internet connection. Choose I use a telephone modem to dial my ISP option & click Continue.



Focus to Bluetooth selection & click Continue button.



On Bluetooth mini window, just simply press the Connect button.



If the connection has established, you will see a connection status on the bottom left side of the same window referring send & receive signal, connection time & IP public number.



Next, you may now open Safari browser application & start to browse the internet.



That’s it & you’re done. Pretty simple & driverless compared to other OS isn’t it?

Labels: , ,


PS: If you've benefit from this blog,
you can support it by making a small contribution.

Enter your email address to receive feed update from this blog:

Post a Comment

 

  1. Anonymous Anonymous said,

    Friday, February 05, 2010 6:38:00 PM

    Cool blog as for me. I'd like to read a bit more concerning that theme. The only thing that blog misses is some photos of any devices.
    John Watcerson
    Phone jammers

  2. Blogger Eko Wahyudiharto said,

    Saturday, February 06, 2010 9:52:00 AM

    @John Watcerson: Anyway, thanks for passing by to my blog as it concern to anything about IT topics based on my own experiences.

    Also thanks for your opinion regarding to my blog but as you may know that this current article reviewing bluetooth with my Acer Travelmate installed with MacOS & I uses the built-in bluetooth device from it, not with any external bluetooth hardware.

    However, I'll keep your critic positively as well & last but not least, I thank you...

    Greeting from Indonesia!

  3. Blogger Unknown said,

    Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:12:00 PM


    videocon Recharge Rs.83 ,get Talktime Rs. 63 & 10 Local V2V Mins. Mins Valid for 28 days.

Post a Comment

Leave comments here...