Preview Siemens GSM Modem (TMA M39i)

The most easiest way to setup an SMS gateway is using custom GSM modem. With it, you don’t have any necessary to contact telecommunication network provider to provide the access number or thinking about the rules of regulation which may break you down. Since it’s need a conventional SIM card just as the same as cellular phone, the control is on your own. But, note about spend you must willing on it. The article below doesn’t have anything related upon Siemens commercial programs, indeed it is the time to share my experience after using this product.



Siemens released the latest (CMIIW) GSM Modem product of TMA M39i series (the predecessor was M35). The previous series I used ever was from series TC35 for couple years ago. The TMA M39i comes with silver colored casing, with size a little bit larger then TC35. Right up in the box, you may find a standard DB9 RS232 cable connection, SMA male antenna connector, standard plug-in power supply & some manual book on a CD (including complete references of AT commands).



The key features of it offered a common you may find in others same class product such as :
- Dual band GSM 900/1800 MHz & GPRS Multi Slot Class 10
- Support for the Package Broadcast Control Channel (PBCCH)
- Standard Interface (not including audio interface)
- Non-Proprietary Accessories, i.e. use any cheaper source
- Integrated SIM Card Holder
- Flexible Mounting: Rail Fixing or Side Mounting Plates

The SMS supported specification such as :
- Point to Point MO & MT
- SMS cell broadcast
- Text & PDU Mode
- Group 3, class 1, 2 Fax specification

The thing why I so love Siemens GSM Modem product is the high of software compatibility. From the previous products, I don’t have ever to make changes the SMS gateway configuration & the system application source. Even if both condition paired with older Siemens cell phone (such as SL45i, ME45, C45 or M45). What I need to do is simply copying the SMS gateway application & make sure that the daemon engine is running every the computer started. Nothing troublesome happened.

Below here is my old configuration of smsd.conf I used until now since the first time I worked on SMS gateway programming continuously using Mandrake 7.2, 8.0, 8.2, Slackware 8.2, 9.1, Fedora Core 4 & Red Hat Enterprise Linux:

devices = GSM1
spool = /sms_folder/outgoing
failed = /sms_folder/failed
incoming = /sms_folder/incoming
sent = /sms_folder/sent
mypath = /usr/local/bin
logfile = /sms_folder/smsd.log
loglevel = 6
autosplit = true
alarmlevel = 4
delaytime = 5
errorsleeptime = 5
blocktime = 3600
eventhandler = /sms_folder/bin/event > /dev/null
stats = /sms_folder/stat
stats_interval = 3600
receive_before_send = true
number_parts = true

[queues]
OTHER = /sms_folder/queue

[provider]
OTHER = 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

[GSM1]
init = ATE0+CPMS="SM"
device = /dev/ttyS1
incoming = true
queues = OTHER
report = 0
mode = new
baudrate = 19200
rtscts = true
cs_convert = true

Labels:

Sincerelly,

Eko Wahyudiharto
PS: If you've benefit from this blog,
you can support it by making a small contribution.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Post a Comment Bookmark and Share

 

Post a Comment

Leave comments here...